The Bighearted Scotland Charitable Trust was formed in 1994 when a group of charities decided to work together to raise vital funds for their individual causes. A donation to Bighearted Scotland works harder by helping a wide range of good causes for children, adults and animals with a range of issues including epilepsy, special needs, exclusion, animal protection, disability, cancer and mental health problems.
Our charity partnership has raised well over £1 million which has helped to ensure that this diverse group of charities can continue to work hard in supporting a wide group of people and animals who need their help.
Bighearted Scotland raises funds for six special Scottish charities by encouraging payroll giving and through our supporters taking on sponsored activities and treks of a lifetime for us. These charities are: Penumbra, Erskine, OneKind, Spina Bifida Hydrocephalus Scotland, Momentum and Epilepsy Scotland.
If you would like to read more about Bighearted Scotland, or to donate, please visit their website.
Charity of the year
By making Epilepsy Scotland your charity of the year, you can help promote awareness of epilepsy and raise money to support essential services to make a real difference to people affected by epilepsy.
Hi-Fi corner in Edinburgh made Epilepsy Scotland their charity of the year in 2018, they held an auction and competed in the Dramathon and Edinburgh Kiltwalk.
Why chose Epilepsy Scotland?
- Help to raise awareness and support more people affected by epilepsy across Scotland.
- Give you employees a motivational boost by volunteering for us or taking part in one of our exciting fundraising challenges
- Build your reputation as a socially responsible company
- First dibs on tickets to Epilepsy Scotland fundraising events and sponsorship packages.
- Local press and social media opportunities
- A chance to complete the Epilepsy Friendly Award to ensure your workplace has the training to better support people with epilepsy
Get in touch
Together we can create a meaningful partnership committed to supporting people with epilepsy across Scotland. If you are interested in nominating Epilepsy Scotland for charity of the year please contact us.