Epilepsy Scotland Halloween Raffle terms and conditions
For information on how we use your personal data please see the Privacy Notice here.
- The prize draw will be open at 4pm on 15 October 2021 and close at 11.55 pm on 31 October 2021.
- Entry to the prize draw is by texting the word GHOST to 70215. Text messages cost your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates – please check with your provider). You will then receive a free bounce-back message from 70215 providing you with instructions to enter the competition and the option to make a donation to Epilepsy Scotland.
- For the avoidance of doubt, opting out of the optional donation will not affect your entry into the prize draw.
- The prize draw is open to all residents of the UK (please note the text service to enter the prize draw does not include the Channel Islands or Isle of Man mobile networks). The prize draw is open to those aged 18 or over. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility may be requested.
- Please ensure you spell the Keyword correctly and send your text message to the correct short code within the time period that the prize draw is specified as being open. If your short code is invalid, or your text message is received outside the specified time period you will not receive a bounce-back message but may still be charged your standard network message charge. You will not be donating to Epilepsy Scotland nor will you have entered the prize draw. If you enter the Keyword incorrectly but we, acting reasonably, believe that you are trying to find out more information about the prize draw, you will be sent the free bounce-back message, as described above.
- If you’re a UK taxpayer, Epilepsy Scotland can claim an equal share of an additional 25p in Gift Aid from the Government for every £1 donation you make. If you elect to make an optional donation, we’ll send a follow-up text to ask if you want us to claim Gift Aid on your donation. If you follow the link in our follow-up text you’ll be taken to a Gift Aid declaration – please read it carefully. Find out more about Gift Aid here.
- There is only ONE prize available to be won. The details of the prize are as follows: A Halloween-themed hamper.
- The winner will be selected at random and contacted on 1 November 2021 by Epilepsy Scotland by telephone. If the winner does not respond in order to claim the prize by the end of the next working day, Epilepsy Scotland reserves the right to contact the next eligible winner (and in this case the original winner forfeits their claim to the prize), and so on until a winner is found.
- The prize is as stated. There is no cash alternative and the elements of the prize cannot be sold or transferred under any circumstances. For the avoidance of doubt, unless specified above, no other costs or expenses will be covered by Epilepsy Scotland or any of the prize providers.
- Epilepsy Scotland and its sub-contractors, subsidiaries, and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider, or otherwise may result in any text not being properly received.
- The prize draw and text donation service is provided by Donr on behalf of Epilepsy Scotland. If you have any queries regarding the service, please contact Donr at the following email address: email@example.com or call on the following Helpline Number: 0333 4444 111 (Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:30).