This course is designed to extend the principles of epilepsy management explored in the Understanding Epilepsy and Administration of Midazolam (UEAM) course. This can be added on as a short module to the full day UEAM course. By the end of this module staff will:
- have achieved a good understanding of why diazepam/paraldehyde is used to stop seizures
- be familiar with storage and usage constraints
- be aware of how to read and check a personal emergency medication protocol
- be familiar with side effects and signs of overdose
- have witnessed and the practical procedure of administering rectal medications using a model, applicator and/or rectal tube
- have been made aware of the legal and practical implications of administering rectal medications in seizure related emergencies
- have been given the opportunity to discuss concerns and implication for use specific to their workplace.
Delivery and fees
This course is delivered:
- Live Online (private course for larger groups of up to 15): £149
- Face to face (private course for larger groups of up to 15): £49*
*As an addition to the cost of the full day UAEM course (£799). Organisations will be charged for the trainer’s travelling expenses which are calculated at 40p per mile from the Epilepsy Scotland office to the training course venue.
Email our Training team at firstname.lastname@example.org